Vitamin-Rich Bliss Balls
Recipe By : Sangeeta Khanna
- 1 cup garden cress seeds (soaked overnight)
- 2 cups grated dry or fresh Coconut
- ½ cup crushed Walnuts
- 3 inch piece of fresh Turmeric
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- ¼ tsp Clove Powder
- ½ tsp green Cardamom powder
- ½ tsp of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of Nutmeg Powder
- 1 cup Crumbled Jaggery
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Some crushed walnuts, pistachios and rose petals for Garnish
- Soak the dry grated coconut in ½ cup water. Fresh grated can be used as is. Use turmeric as powder.
- Now mix everything except the jaggery and garnish material, in a large pan or Kadhai. Mix the ingredients well before taking the Kadhai to the gas stove.
- Keep the flame high and stir with a spatula so the gelled up seeds of garden cress mix well with coconut & other ingredients. It takes about 10 minutes to sizzle like a halwa and then add jaggery.
- The mixture becomes darker and a little loose but in about 5 minutes it starts sizzling again with the ghee glistening on top. The mixture should start coming together like a smooth yet sticky ball in the center of the Kadhai when it is ready.
- Let the sticky mixture cool down. Make it into balls, keep each ball in a muffin liner because the bliss will be slightly sticky. If you don’t have muffing liners you can use some desiccated coconut powder to roll the bliss bliss in it so they don’t stick to each other. Keep in an airtight container.
Do you have
Bring out the ultimate protein chef within you! If you can whip up a delicious dish at home without going out, share it with us! We will pass it on to thousands of protein lovers by featuring your creation on our social media and website!