Recipe By : Shumaila ChauhanProtinex Chocolate
- For the filling:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 250 grams mascarpone cream
- 100 grams melted dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 tbsp Protinex Tasty Chocolate
- For the ladyfingers layer:
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 24 ladyfingers
- 3 tbsp Protinex Tasty Chocolate
- For the crumble topping
- 10 Protinex Bytes
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a heat proof bowl mix the egg yolks and sugar. Place the bowl over a saucepan with simmering water, whisking the egg yolks sugar mix till the mixture is pale, thick and doubled in volume.
- Remove from heat and whisk in mascarpone, melted chocolate, Protinex Tasty Chocolate, vanilla and salt.
In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
- Whisk the hot water, Protinex Tasty chocolate, espresso powder.
- One at a time, dip the lady fingers into the chocolate mixture and place in serving dish. Spread half the filling over the soaked ladyfingers and repeat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Make the crumble topping:
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Coarse grind Protinex Bytes. Mix in cocoa powder and the melted butter. Spread on baking tray, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool;. Break the mix.
- When ready to serve, add dollop of cream on top, and sprinkle the Bytes crumb.
Do you have
Bring out the ultimate protein chef within you! If you can whip up a delicious dish at home without going out, share it with us! We will pass it on to thousands of protein lovers by featuring your creation on our social media and website!