Recipe By : Archana's KitchenProtinex Chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups Sooji, semolina, lightly pulsed to make a coarse powder in the blender
- 1/4 cup Ghee, plus a teaspoon extra for frying
- 1/4 cup Protinex Tasty Chocolate Flavour
- 1/2 cup Sugar, finely powdered
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- First, melt a teaspoon of ghee in a small pan on low heat; roast the cashew nuts until lightly golden and crisp. Once roasted add in the raisins and sauté for a few seconds. Turn off the heat and keep this aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a pan; add in the rava / semolina to the pan. Roast the rava until you get a roasted aroma and it is turning lightly golden. It is important to roast the rava, stirring continuously on very low heat. High heat can cause the rava to brown.
- Once roasted add in the remaining ingredients including the roasted cashew nuts and raisins except for the Protinex Tasty Chocolate powder
- Saute for just a few more seconds until the mixture is well combined. Allow it to cool slightly. Once cooled, add the Protinex Tasty Chocolate powder and shape the rava ladoo mixture into 15 equal size balls.
- If you are unable to hold the mixture and shape it into a ball; add in a tablespoon of milk or ghee or both to help it come together. Toss them in desiccated coconut once they are shaped into balls, so it gives a delicious coconut taste and flavour.
- The Rava Ladoos are now ready to be served. Store them in an airtight container for about 2 weeks and serve it for the festivals or simply as a dessert after your meal.
Do you have
Bring out the ultimate protein chef within you! If you can whip up a delicious dish at home without going out, share it with us! We will pass it on to thousands of protein lovers by featuring your creation on our social media and website!