Protein Packed Banana Bread
Recipe By : Protinex TeamProtinex Lite
Yields 1 loaf (12 slices)
- Protinex Lite Powder – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Ripe bananas mashed – 2
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Flax seed gel – 2 tablespoons(1 tablespoon flax
seed powder + 3 tablespoons water)
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Whole banana (peeled) – 1
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Place oil, milk, flax seed gel, and honey in a blender and blend until smooth. Keep aside.
- Add in mashed banana to dry mixture and stir.
- Split a banana down the middle and add on top of the batter.
- Make your flax seed gel- place 1 tablespoon flax seed powder in 3 tablespoons of water; let sit for 10 minutes to form a gel (This is a substitute for egg).
- In a large bowl, place whole wheat flour, Protinex Lite powder, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and vanilla extract to make dry mixture.
- Combine both mixtures and fold with spatula until smooth. Pour into a lightly greased 9×5 bread pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Do you have
Bring out the ultimate protein chef within you! If you can whip up a delicious dish at home without going out, share it with us! We will pass it on to thousands of protein lovers by featuring your creation on our social media and website!