Recipe By : Shumaila ChauhanProtinex Lite
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, sifted thrice
- 3 tbsp Protinex Lite
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 8 tbsp butter, frozen and grated
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar, for sprinkling on top
- For filling:
- 3-4 peaches, sliced
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- In a bowl, mix peaches with the sugar, zest and lemon juice.
- In a bowl sift the flours, baking powder. Add the protein powder and mix well.
- Cut the cold butter into dry ingredients (I used salted butter so did not add any salt, but in case using unsalted butter please add salt). Mix until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour in the buttermilk. Stir till everything is just combined. Do not overwork the dough.
- Turn dough onto clean work surface and flatted into a 1 inch thick rectangle. Stamp out 3 inch circles.
- Brush top of the biscuits with milk, and sprinkle the demerara sugar on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown on top. Remove and allow to cool before assembling.
- Whip cream with the sugar and vanilla on medium high speed until soft medium peaks form.
- Slice biscuits in half. Layer with the peaches and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Do you have
Bring out the ultimate protein chef within you! If you can whip up a delicious dish at home without going out, share it with us! We will pass it on to thousands of protein lovers by featuring your creation on our social media and website!