Protein Packed Banana Bread
Recipe submitted by Admin
Yields 1 loaf (12 slices)
- Protinex Lite powder – 1/4 cupBuy
- Whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 3/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ripe bananas mashed – 2
- Whole banana (peeled) – 1
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Flax seed gel – 2 tablespoons(1 tablespoon flax seed powder + 3 tablespoons water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Make your flax seed gel- place 1 tablespoon flax seed powder in 3 tablespoons of water; let sit for 10 minutes to form a gel (This is a substitute for egg).
- Place oil, milk, flax seed gel, and honey in a blender and blend until smooth. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, place whole wheat flour, Protinex Lite powder, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and vanilla extract to make dry mixture.
- Add in mashed banana to dry mixture and stir.
- Combine both mixtures and fold with spatula until smooth. Pour into a lightly greased 9x5 bread pan.
- Split a banana down the middle and add on top of the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.